Welcome! Glad you’re here.
This page presents a collection of links to stories that I’ve written for various publications since 2005. You’ll find articles organized according to story types and layout placements.
- Stories featured here have also been printed (off-line).
- The most recent article publications are listed under the “Multnomah Magazine” section.
- Cover stories are organized according to their presence on the cover at all (“Cover Stories“) or their role as an issue’s central feature story (“Cover – Center Package“).
- Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association (ONPA) award winners are noted according to award title.
- Commentaries on my work by other authors have been organized under the “Various Related Articles” links.
- A special thank you to the reporting staff of the McMinnville News-Register (McMinnville, Ore.), a newspaper serving Oregon’s Yamhill County and greater Willamette Valley. The journalists there graciously gave me an intense learning experience, and I received one-on-one instruction from excellent editors, such as Steve Bagwell, Ty Walker and Racheal Winter.
- A special thank you to Prof. Ann Staatz, as well, who sparked my imagination and devoted herself to my education.
- One more thank you to Dr. Tom Hauff, who is helping me learn how to think and who invited me to write a foreword for one of his books When God Says No: Reshaping Prayer and Learning to Listen
- (Photos here are mine.)
Again, I’m glad you’re here, and I hope you enjoy a story or two. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like to arrange a time to see a hard-copy portfolio of my best printed work.
Personal Information -
- Currently enrolled in graduate studies at Multnomah University’s Biblical Seminary, pursuing the Master of Divinity in Theological Studies (M.Div.T.S.) and Master of Theology (Th.M.) degrees.
- Currently employed with Multnomah University as a teaching fellow and adjunct faculty lab instructor.
- Currently employed at Imago Dei Community church, in Portland, OR, serving as Pastor of Students.
- Graduated from Multnomah University, completing a Bachelor of Arts double major in Bible-theology and journalism, May 2008.
- Worked as Managing Editor for Multnomah’s school newspaper, The Voice, during the 2006-2007 school year.
- Worked as photographer, reporter and designer for The Voice during the 2007-2008 school year.
- Worked as an interning news reporter for the McMinnville News-Register during the summer of 2008, June-August.
- Recipient of the Evangelical Press Association’s annual Mel Larson Memorial Scholarship, first place (out of 444 applicants nationwide), Spring 2007.
- Recipient of the Snowden Excellence in Journalism Internship, offered by Oregon State University’s School of Journalism, spring 2008.
- Recipient of the Excellence in Journalism Award, Multnomah University, spring 2007.